Awesome Websites HQ
How to Choose the Best Domain Name for your Website
- Ideally choose a domain name that is the same as your name / business name / project name, or a shortened version of it. This may be difficult as the majority of one and two word domain names have already been taken. Consider some of the options which GoDaddy will suggest when you are doing a search on their site, however the shorter the better.
- Consider adding the name of your service, city or other key words.
- Ensure it is easy to say, spell, type, read, remember and doesn’t have any hidden words. Preferably don’t use numbers or hyphens.
- This is important, actually say it as if you are on the phone or meeting with a client in person, write it down and imagine it on your business card etc. Checking for hidden words – think of the old word search games where you circle words within a grid of letters.
- To keep it simple, ideally use .com as your top level domain name.
- That’s it – on to registering your Domain Name with GoDaddy.
How to Register a Domain Name with GoDaddy
- Prior to registering, do a Google search for GoDaddy promo codes or coupons. Depending on the offer you can obtain a reasonable discount.
- Whilst registering do not choose the email or hosting options.
- Consider the domain name privacy options.
- Keep your GoDaddy account details email handy – as we’ll be using it for your WordPress installation.
How to Change the Domain Name Servers
- Don’t worry, if you still find this confusing after watching the video – we can organise the change for you.
- Please note: that it can take between 2 – 48 hrs for the change to be completed.